The age of USB-C is here and your product best be with the times. USB-C is great because it is so versatile. It is designed to be present everywhere. Not all USB-C Connectors are designed equal though. There are options for Power Only, USB 2.0, USB 3.x, angled, straight, etc. It can be taunting to decide with connector is right for your device.
By choosing to incorporate USB-C into your product, you are not only offering your customers the latest and most advanced technology, but you are also giving them the convenience and flexibility they crave. The reversible design of USB-C means that they will no longer have to fumble around trying to align the connector in the right direction – it works both ways! And with the ability to transfer data at lightning-fast speeds and deliver up to 100 watts of power, your customers will be able to charge or power their devices quickly and efficiently. In short, USB-C is the ultimate choice for modern consumers who demand the best in terms of performance and convenience.
These connectors may not be suited for every device. You may find the controller within your device may only communicate over USB 2.0 or slower. Below you will find a list of our preferred USB-Cs that we use in different situations for Power Only and USB 2.0 options. Each listing includes links to the @Digikey catalog to use one to your next project.
- Description: Power Only / SMT Pads
- Part Number: GCT 4135
- Digikey Part Number: 2073-USB4135-GF-ACT-ND
- Description: Power Only/THT Lugs
- Part Number: GCT 4125
- Digikey Part Number: 2073-USB4125-GF-ACT-ND
- Description: USB 2.0 / SMT Pads
- Part Number: GCT 4110
- Digikey Part Number: 2073-USB4110-GF-A-1-ND
- Description: USB 2.0 / THT Lugs
- Part Number: GCT 4105
- Digikey Part Number: 2073-USB4105-GF-ACT-ND
- Description: USB 2.0 / Pads / Lugs
- Part Number: GCT 4500
- Digikey Part Number: 2073-USB4500-03-0-ACT-ND